
It is crazy to think that Lexie is already two weeks old!!!! She is such a sweet baby and is so good! She sleeps very good at night and is so happy and pleasant! Last week we went to my sister Ashley's volleyball game at the High School and Brayden was playing on the bleachers, well, he fell forward and knocked his mouth. We looked and his bottom front tooth was laying horizontal in his mouth instead of being vertical!!! He was of course crying and so Scott took him out in the foyer and I followed. We had a burp cloth, so we got it wet and my mom kind of pushed the tooth back up so it was vertical again. This happened at 5:00 pm, so the dentist's office was already closed, but it seemed to "set" itself back in place (it is more crooked though...doh) and I called the dentist in the morning. He said we did the right thing by pushing it back up, and that we could take him to a Pediatric Dentist, but all they would do is X-ray it to see if the "fibers" or something like that were still intact or if they had been broken. If they were still intact, the tooth would be fine, if they weren't the tooth would die and would have to be pulled out. We didn't take him anywhere because we figured what was the point. There isn't anything they can do, and time will tell if the tooth was damaged or not. We are just grateful that it wasn't knocked all the way out so he would have to spend the next 5 or so years without a front bottom tooth. He is ALL boy and won't stop jumping off of things and being a little dare devil.

Scott took him 4-Wheeling twice last week and the kid is a maniac! He LOVED it! Scott had so much fun taking him for some boy bonding time!!! I am just curious to see what happens next time McKenzie wants to go...how he reacts to being left behind....but I guess he has to learn sometime!! Scott had to re-enter the real world today. He has enjoyed these last two weeks off of work, and we have loved having him home. It has been so much fun to spend so much time as a family and just be together. He has been such a huge help these last two weeks....I am sad he has to go back...but what do you do!! I just hope I can keep my sanity. It was cute last week though, we were getting the kids ready for bed and McKenzie looked at me and then looked at my stomach, then back at me and said "Mom, does it feel so good to have the baby out of your tummy?" I of course said "Yes McKenzie, it feels very good to have Lexie out of my tummy", and her response was "well, then why is your belly still so big." It was so funny to hear her ask that....here I was thinking I was doing pretty good since it had only been a week since giving birth...by C-Section none the less...but in her eyes, my stomach was still big!!! The things she picks up on....
4 comments:
Oh I just love those pictures!
I'm sure you look great, and you'll be back to yourself in no time! Lexie is adorable - as are McKenzie and Brayden!!!
Hey Kim! It's your cousin Rachel. I ran into Scott and McKenzie at Lagoon and he told me you had a blog. I can't believe how grown up McKenzie is. Lexi sure is a cute one. Can't wait to see her in person. I better not leave out Brayden....he's adorable too.
Sorry for a second comment, but I had to tell you I hope Brayden's tooth is okay. Mason knocked a top tooth completely out this summer and I'm still really sad about it.
Post a Comment