Thursday, March 26, 2009

Teach me......

Teach me to say there isn't anything new! Yesterday I woke up with a little bit of a sore throat and my head feeling like it was going to explode, then Brayden started getting a little bit of a runny nose last night. When the alarm went off at 5:15 this morning, I heard Brayden coughing. It was the "seal barking" type cough. I thought, "oh great...croup." Scott got up and got in the shower and I heard Brayden cough again. I went in to check on him and he had coughed so hard he gagged. I sat him up and listened to him for a minute, then took him out of the room so he didn't wake McKenzie up more. He was having a really hard time breathing. He was kind of gasping for breath, couldn't say more than one or two words at a time without having to gasp for breath. I wasn't going to lay him back down breathing like this, especially since a friend of mine, who has a son 4 days younger than Brayden, had to have him life-flighted up to Primary Children's Hospital because he had croup and she went in to check on him during a nap and found him blue and unresponsive. So, anyway, I tried to have him lay with me on the recliner...but that didn't go over so well....he was ready to watch cartoons! Scott came down after getting ready for work and fixed him a nice sippy of chocolate milk...which he polished off very quickly...in between trying to breathe! So I called the doctor's office when they opened this morning and got him in. He does have croup, and they put him on a steriod so hopefully that will help him breath better....and I am just hoping and praying that Lexie does't get it! So anyway...teach me to say there is nothing new! Oh yeah...one piece of good news though is that Lexie has been sleeping through the night for a week now!! I put her down about 7:30-8 and she will sleep til about 7:30 or 8! Yipee!!

3 comments:

Cari said...

I'm hoping you are all getting better. Love your sweet family. Looking forward to hugging those sweet children in April!!

Deanna said...

Hey! I would LOVE for you to forward me that FHE kit you mentioned!!! It sounds great!!! :)

Deanna said...

oh... rdpoulsen@gmail.com :)