Saturday, May 14, 2011
Glad it's you...not me!
So today, my mom and I went to a baby shower of one of my closest friends in high school. First, can I just say, she makes a very cute pregnant girl, and I am so stinking excited for her!!! Since it has been over 2 years since I've bought any "baby/newborn" stuff, it was fun looking at all of the adorable baby stuff for her gift, and I loved watching her open all of the dang cute baby things she got...but the thing I couldn't help but think the whole time I was watching her open her presents was "I am so glad that's Jody, and not me". It was just funny to see my reaction and what was going through my head! After I had McKenzie and Brayden, when we knew we were still going to have more kids, I was always excited at the thought of having another baby, and going through all the stages again (well, except the actual pregnancy since my pregnancies are absolutely awful), but since Lexie joined our family, I feel complete...that's the only way I can describe it. All I can say is that I love being a mom, I love my children dearly, and I loved the newborn/baby stages (we had VERY good babies), but honestly, I have absolutely NO desire to go through pregnancy or the baby stages again any time soon...if not ever again! I love having my kids independent enough to be able to do things for themselves and for each other and me not having to do absolutely everything for them. And just for the record, Scott is 100% on the same page as well! I'm not saying we're definitely 100% done having kids, and if we feel like we're supposed to have another one, we'll do it, but for now....I'll just stick to watching and holding my friends babies when they need a night out...then I can give them back to their parents and go enjoy my kids at the ages and stages they are in! So Jody, anytime you and Brett need a night out, you know who to call!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh...are you sure??? Your kids are stinkin' cute!
I have to second Cathy's comment here. You guys do make some pretty cute kids....are you sure? :)
Just for the record though, I think that a lot of times when I see pregnant friends/people. I can't imagine not getting a solid 6-8 hours of sleep each night again. Perhaps I'm just old. lol
Post a Comment