Thursday, October 30, 2008

Talented Grandmas

My children have some very talented grandmas!!! My mom is an amazing seamstress and has sewn all my children's blessing outfits....but, I like to do it the hard way, so for all three of the outfits, I have just looked online and found a picture of an outfit/dress I like, and print out the picture and give it to her....and she is able to make it!!! We were debating with Lexie on just using the same dress we used for McKenzie, but Scott and I decided that since my mom made it.....we wanted each child to have their own so they could have it when they got older and hopefully treasure the "specialness" of their blessing outfits. This is Lexie's dress. We are blessing her on Sunday and I am so excited to see her all dolled up!!! Dont' worry...I'll post pictures of her actually in the dress!! I love the simple elegance this dress has....That is one of the things I liked most about it! It looks just like the picture I gave her!

Scott's mom has made quilts for all of my kids when they were born. We love all of their quilts and it is so much fun helping to decide which quilt to do and pick out the fabrics! Scott's aunt Sherrie did the quilting and quilted her name on the top border and her birthday on the bottom border! It turned out so dang cute and I am so excited for our kids to have these quilts made specially for them!!! Here is Lexie's....

2 comments:

Christy said...

What a darling blessing dress! Your mom is very talented! Can't wait to see little Lexie in it. Of course, I have to take credit for helping pick out the fabrics for the quilt... :) I love how it came together though!

Cari said...

Yes -- talented Grandmas are just the best!! The dress is lovely and so it the quilt. Have a wonderful day!! Big Hugs - Auntie Cari